[rescue] SUN LX soft poweroff?

Thomas Steffen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 04:14:31 CST 2001

Hi,

I have a SPARC LX which works beautifully as SPARCPRINTER server, ISDN
and ADSL router + several servers. However, it does not power off. I
have tried everything from init to shutdown, it just drops back to the
prompt. Since the prompt does not know the command "poweroff", I
suspect it is a version to old (2.5).

Is there a way to upgrade the Openboot PROM without paying a lot of
money? Is there an image awailable? Or, while we are at it, how do you
produce a PROM image? Where is the PROM mapped while the prompt is
shown?

I have Solaris 2.6 on the SPARC LX, Openboot PROM version 2.5. I could
probably do an EPROM if you get the right image.

Yours,
		    Thomas