[rescue] Okay.. OS thoughts

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 02:00:49 CST 2001

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:36:33AM -0500, George Adkins wrote:
> > I think I'll mail him and threaten to switch to Linux if they don't come up
> > with SMP NetBSD that boots reliably on Ultrasparc soon...
>
> Heck, I'd be happy with it being reliable on Sun4m, which people keep reporting
> that it isn't.

I dunno if its stable or not.  The biggest problem with it right now is
nobody is telling anyone else what's going on.  The last bit of news I
heard was that they were having problems with locking, but only on
hypersparc machines...does that mean standard SuperSparc machines are
working or nobody is working on them?  And the frequent posts to
tech-smp at netbsd.org of "What's up with sparc?" go unanswered.