[rescue] NVRAM images

Jeff Borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 08:35:29 CST 2001

>From my understanding the battery is draining most while the clock is
running. If you want to preserve the battery while the machine is off, you
could stop the clock from OpenBoot. I believe the instructions are in the
NVRAM faq. IMO unless you are taking the machine offline for a long time,
it's not that practical to do this to save battery life.

I just have a surface mount button cell holder epoxied on the top of the
NVRAM. Don't know if you could hot swap batteries in an NVRAM.

I guess you could wire up a connector for a 3v wall wart to the back of the
machine if you are really into redundancy. (-:

best,
jeff