[rescue] OT: Password Hashing (was: RS/6000s)

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 23 21:47:19 CST 2001

Thanks. I knew *somebody* was listening. (Actually, a couple of people
have offered suggestions/help.)

What I have is two RS6K machines. One is a 7011/250 that appears (now)
to have a bad SCSI card. I can run diags, ping with the built in
ethernet, etc., but not really boot. The other is a 6611 router. That
one has a drive and OS, and boots fine; I just don't know how to log in
to the %$#&@ thing. I have dd'd the whole drive to another unix box,
trying to find and edit the passwd file. Can't find it. Don't *really*
know what it looks like either.

Not encouraging. Suggestions are welcome. Please...

The 6011 look like fun. It has a token-ring (broken-ring) card in it,
and I even have some other TR equipment (incl a Cicso router) that I
could use it with. I've used Cisco stuff and Linux as a router; I could
probably figure this out. IF I could get into the thing...