[rescue] JetDirect card -- EEPROM

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 23 17:25:52 CST 2001

...and it gets better:
The card for a LJ3 is a C2071.  The C2071S supports TCP/IP.  It does not,
however, appear to support lpr.  When I played with one of these at work
ages ago, I seem to remember having to set up HPNP stuff on my SS2.
I think it talks on port 9100 or some such.  I bit the bullet and bought
a Hawking cheapie at Dalco (they're almost literally in my back yard).
The LJ is waiting on gears, but the little Hawking 7117 works just fine
plugged into an old Panachronic dot-matrix.  Once I get the exit gears
for the LJ I'll let you know how it flies.
-ls-