[rescue] AFS?

Michael Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 23 10:36:51 CST 2001

I did a clean install of Solaris 8 on two machines, an Ultra1 and an
Ultra30, both with FDDI cards. The U1 can use a nfs share from a
linux server just fine, I've been installing packages all day long off of
it. The Ultra30 cannot use the share, I map it but that's about all. ls
often hangs, file copy hangs, pkgadd hangs, it just doesn't work
right. I don't much like nfs in the first place and with IBM's recent
open-sourcing of AFS it looks like a nice alternative, any of you
guys ever used AFS? How does it work with Solaris/Linux?

Mike