[rescue] Looking for I/O performance metrics

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 23 10:36:37 CST 2001

I have an Oracle script that I use to measure relative disk usage, i.e.
checking to see that all the spindles with Oracle datafiles on them are
somewhat equally utilized. Don't know if it'll help, but here it is:
-------------------------------------
rem ioweights.sql
rem to find relative io weights of various files
rem queries v$filestat view for stats

set pagesize 60 linesize 80 newpage 0 feedback off
ttitle skip center "Database I/O Weights" skip center -
"ordered by drive" skip 2
column Total_IO format 999999999
column Weight format 999.99
column File_Name format A40
break on Drive skip 2
compute sum of Weight on Drive

select
substr(DF.name, 1,5) Drive,
DF.Name File_Name,
FS.Phyblkrd+FS.Phyblkwrt Total_IO,
100*(FS.Phyblkrd+FS.Phyblkwrt)/MaxIO Weight
from V$FILESTAT FS, V$DATAFILE DF,
  (select MAX(Phyblkrd+Phyblkwrt) MaxIO
    from V$FILESTAT)
where DF.File# = FS.File#