[rescue] Sun PCi on Blade 100 Questions

William Barnett-Lewis rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 22 18:43:27 CST 2001

> From: Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com>
> > Also though I'm mostly interested in running a few old Dos applications
> > (games), will this card handle Windows 98 if I need to do the MS tango?
> >
> I have on e of these older ones in my AXi system running Win 98. It will also
> run NT or Win 2K <shudder>

Well, at that point, one version of Windows is as bad as another,
although my experiance is that I've seen the least BSOD's from 2k. It
seems from further digging at sunsolve that I should just need to update
to the latest drivers and patch set.

Though, truth be told, all I really want to run is Steel Panthers I &
II, Falcon Gold (the V3.0 compendium), and Wordstar 7.0D (the utterly
last of a great line...). All dos...

> Dunno about support for the blade though.

Snooping on groups.google seems to indicate a few successes. I just
prefer to enquire of the folk here due to the much higher signal to
noise ratio and the lack of "SNMP vs. SMP" stuff. Ya'all know what
you're talking about.

> Also it is my understanding that the 300 MHz SunPCI board can be hacked to run
> a 500 MHz K6-2 CPU.

Oooh, do tell? I'll need to look into that.

> Mike N

Thanks,

William
--
You better watch out    What you wish for;
It better be worth it   So much to die for.