[rescue] 100 Things To Do With That Old Sun

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 22 01:43:27 CST 2001

>Where do I get a list of the built in words and their useage?  Also, anyone
>know anything about reading and writing to devices using only the boot forth?

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/@LegacyTocView?&toc=SUNWab_157_1%3A%2Fsafedir%2F
space3%2Fcoll1%2FSUNWabdds%2F%2Ftoc%2FFCODE%3AFCODE%3Aclose;bt=Writing+FCode
+2.x+Programs&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

(Alternately, go to sun.com, documentation, Device Drivers, Driver
Developer Site 1.0 AnswerBook, Writing FCode 2.x Programs)

and

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/coll.216.2/OPENBOOTCMDREF/@Ab2TocView?Ab2Lang=C&
Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

(sun.com, documentation, Software, Solaris, Solaris 8, OpenBoot Collection,
OpenBoot 2.x Command Reference Manual)

Hey, I didn't see the FCodes sorted by byte value before!  At one time I
wanted to modify boot proms to allow booting machines with a dead nvram,
but I wasn't too keen on reverse engineering all the forth stuff.  Hmm...

newell