[rescue] Re: [geeks] Dead Smart-UPS 1000

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 22:59:33 CST 2001

> > However, I plug it in, its DOA - no LEDs, no beeps, *nothing* - should
> > it at least display SOMETHING on the front panel until the batteries are
> > charged?  Its sat turned on (and completely drained) in the friend's
> > garage for about six months..
>
> I have confirmed that the Big UPSes (i.e. over 600W) run on thier
> batteries. If thier batteries are drained, they will not boot.

half an hour on a car battery charger set  across 12V worth of cell(s) might
be enough to get it rumbling.

for instance, if it has 4 6v cells, disconnect two of them and throw a charge
on them in series, this might give it just enough charge to get the POST up
and get the charging circut going.

George