[rescue] Ross HS30 help...

Stuart E. Johnson rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 22:35:31 CST 2001

OK. Got my 2nd Dual-150 Ross module (HM150D-512) Saturday and dusted off the
HS30 hulk I'd been saving for such an occasion (a quad-150 SS20 runs very
hot). It has a rev-4 mainboard and no skins and seems to power up OK with a
66Mhz Mbus clock, but it sees the 32MB RAM modules I installed as 64MB
modules. Is there something about the 2.25R OBP variable "compat-mode" that
I need to know? I get a warning that it's non-zero at boot time.

There's supposed to be an OBP command to alter the Mbus speed as well.
According to information on the Sunhelp website, the modules may not be
reliable at an Mbus clock above 60Mhz. Does anyone know where the OBP
command to modify the Mbus speed might be documented? I'd also be interested
in learning about other OBP differences and capabilities that may exist on
the HS30.

Am I mistaken in believing that the 2.25 OBP was universal across both the
Sun SS10/20 and Ross HS30 product lines? The OBP ROM on the mainboard was
RMCC v2.0.0.

Finally, does anyone have a line on skins for this puppy? The additional
cooling of the chassis is nice, but probably rendered ineffectual by the
lack of skins...

Thanks in advance
--
   -Stuart Johnson