[rescue] microcontroller stuff

Michael Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 22:28:00 CST 2001

On 20 Nov 2001, at 17:36, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Ever heard of Siteplayer? Has real-world I/O, web server, and about
> $100 for a development kit.
>
> I don't have a link, but google should turn up a useful link...
>
> Ken

>From a quick look it looks like it's just a webserver module, you
must have an external microprocessor to control it and send data.
But then it talks about having buttons which would suggest some
sort of internal programming unless they send commmands over
the serial port. Anyway, it looks cool but not what I'd think one
would want for starting out with embedded design, especially if you
have to interface it with a microprocessor then program the two to
talk to each other.

Mike