[rescue] lanplex 2500 password reset

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 00:38:45 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 06:31:02AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Sorry, owned it for quite some time now and am just ecstatic that after all
> > these weeks it is finally working.
>
> Do beware of it's strange blocking; Mine refused to repeat layer-two
> (ethernet packets) without first having it's interfaces setup with the
> proper IPs. Last report I got, it didn't pass DHCP either.

Hmm.  I'm not sure what you mean by "layer-two (ethernet packets)".  I just
tried booting my work notebook, and doing some surfing from it, and everything
appears to be working.  That notebook gets it's IP info from DHCP.  Also, I see
tcpdump picking up IPX packets when I booted the notebook (work uses Novel
still).  I am interested in knowing what you mean about not repeating layer-two
packets.

--
Joshua D. Boyd