[rescue] Pathetic TV shows and computers?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 17:17:56 CST 2001

I run "snoop -a" at home (at a low volume), and it let me notice the
fellow from Singapore that was laboriously attempting to log in to my
DSL DMX box - that odd, repeating, "bzzzzzt
............bzzzzzt..........bzzzzzt........." really stood out on an
idle DSL line... ANd the occasional burst when another SETI package is
downloaded, etc...

Sort of like a very small buzzsaw in my equipment shelf...

Ken
BTW, my Linux 933 MHz PIII box was throwing out seti packets every 9 -
10 hours, pretty freakin' fast IMHO!