Cisco SSH RE: [rescue] Pathetic TV shows and computers?

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 10:58:18 CST 2001

Chris Byrne writes:

 > had TWO different CCIEs tell me that THEY couldn't get the things working
 > right. I mean how hard is it, foundry, F5, Extreme, Brocade, hell even
 > Lucent have had at least some products with SSH capability for years.

It's not that bad. IOS up until about 6 months ago only supported DES,
and you had to specifically compile DES support into your client (it's
not used by default, for very good reason). Nowadays, IOS comes with
3DES support, which is standard. They still don't use the default
algorithm (Blowfish), though, so you still have to specify it on the
commandline (ssh -c 3des).

Dan
--
Dan Debertin
airboss at nodewarrior.org
www.nodewarrior.org

Writing software is more fun than working.