[rescue] Silly NetBSD question

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 18 23:57:04 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 12:41:17AM -0500, Rebecca Ore wrote:

> Edit /etc/group and add yourself to wheel.

OK.  So I have:
wheel:*:0:root, joshua

Still no go.
So, I tried:
wheel:*:0:root;joshua
and again no go.

Also, someone pointed me to a nice document introducing NetBSD to new users,
but for adding users, the doc says to just man adduser, which is less than
helpfull since somehow between the sun and minicom, the formatting codes are
getting borked making man and related systems virtually useless.  Of programs
that try to use text formatting, only vi seems to work correctly.  Blech.

I think I might have telnet working (I tried to telnet into the machine, and
it didn't refuse the connection, but a minute later I still have no login
prompt.  But maybe it is just slow.  My old lintel 486 used to do the same
thing.).  That should fix the useless man problem.

--
Joshua D. Boyd