[rescue] slow me

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 17 23:39:35 CST 2001

On Saturday 17 November 2001 11:49 pm, you wrote:
> > First, how do I get it to boot one time this way, and second, how do I
> > set it always to boot from this ID instead of 3?  Or am I stupid and
> > should I just give up and reconfigure the machine to have a disk on ID3?
> > I suppose I can do that, but the machine is in the middle of a large
> > stack of equipment.
>
> Well, I just figured out the first question.  To make it boot from SD1,
> instead of:
>   boot /sbus/esp/sd at 1,0 vmunix
> I should have used
>   boot /sbus/esp/sd at 1,0
>
> Still, how do I now make it always boot from that device?  Also, if I
> switch IDs, I gonna have to reinstall NetBSD, aren't I?

No, don't be silly, of course you won't.  as long as the disk is the lowest
ID in the system, it will still be SD0.

If you change it to a higher ID, (like 3) with your secondary disk at a lower
ID, just boot into single-user and manually mount your slices where they
should go, (/ & /Usr) and then edit your /etc/fstab.

George