[rescue] slow me

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 17 22:45:09 CST 2001

I think I've just installed NetBSD on one of the harddrives in my SS2.
However, whoever sold this machine to me had it set up with the harddrives
set as scsi ID 1 and 2.  I'm not sure what he had installed on it, but
it used the 4.2BSD format (or so NetBSD told me when I was installing it).

Anyway, now I'm trying to make the machine boot from scsi ID 1.  I tried
 boot /sbus/esp/sd at 1,0 vmunix
but that reported
Boot device: /sbus/esp/sd at 1,0   File and args: vmunix
>> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.9
>> (toor at proxima, Sat May 12 03:31:40 CST 2001)
Booting vmunix
open vmunix: No such file or directory

First, how do I get it to boot one time this way, and second, how do I set it
always to boot from this ID instead of 3?  Or am I stupid and should I just
give up and reconfigure the machine to have a disk on ID3?  I suppose I can do
that, but the machine is in the middle of a large stack of equipment.

--
Joshua D. Boyd