[rescue] Trap 3e?

Michael Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 17 17:47:28 CST 2001

Upon swapping the 4gb Sun drive for a Compaq 9gb I get Trap 3e
errors upon booting. Typing in boot then makes it boot as normal.
Searching around the net I found this is a well known problem but
the fixes are different. Somebody who did the same thing as me
said to disable the sync negotiation jumper, others said to enter a
lengthy command into the nvramrc by using the eeprom command
in Solaris, what's the proper fix for this problem? Also, what causes
it? Searching Sunhelp said it was a divide by zero error but why
would switching hard drives cause this?

Thanks
Mike