[rescue] How to stop colormap flashing w. Creator3D Buffer

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 23:03:08 CST 2001

Hi Y'all!

I have a quick question. I am running solaris 8 on a Creator3D machine
(it's alive! Ken) and I have observed some applications that do not use
the 24-bit colormap (TrueColor), and I can see a certain degree of
colormap flashing. I thought that was normal with the ol' 8bit TGXs... but
this is supposed to be a 24bit frame buffer! WTH?

This happens specially when I use XV as the background image manager
(whoah, that was a cool marketoid term, eh?). The darn thing will
not start on a 24bit colormap, unless it is windowed (not in root window
mode). When xv is running then other applications will go through the
colormap flashing. Is there anything I have to set within Xsun?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Cheers!