[rescue] Cdrom and floppy specs

Michael A. Turner rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 09:23:35 CST 2001

	After a recent trip to get a bunch of stuff I now have in my
possesion an Ultra 1 and a sparc 4 that both have the same "problem" .
Neither one of them has a cd-rom or a floppy drive. Now I could net boot and
all that other nifty geeky stuff, but I want to put these parts in in order
to make it easier to use for stupid stuff.
	Now the questions. Whta kind of floppies do these beasties take? are
they standered PC type floppy drives? can I just strip a PC system and throw
those floppies into these systems? I also have a dead IPC that I can strip a
drive out of, is this the same type of drive?
	CD-rom, obviously scsi of course. What are the limitations on what
kind I can use? Anything to look out for, any particular gotchas? I got some
scsi 4 speeds laying around should I just stick those in and will they fit
(stadered 5 1/4 form factor).

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO