[rescue] SUN Ultra 1 with Linux

Thomas Bader rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 03:54:20 CST 2001

Hi all

I got a SUN Ultra 1.  And I wanna run Linux on it.  I plan
to use a kernel of the 2.4 series, LVM, RAID and grsecurity.

I used this setup some times on x86.  But I heard, that
there are some problems with 2.4 on Sparc.  Browsing trough
lkml, I found out, that 2.4 lacks a maintainer for Sparc.

Any comments about using 2.4 on Sparc?  Or should I forget
it an take an other OS?

Cheers
--=20
  .-.   Thomas Bader =B7 thomasb at trash.net.remove =B7 http://www.t-bader.ch=
/  .-.
  oo|                                                                     o=
o|
 /`'\     Einen Unix-Shellaccount gibt es unter http://www.trash.net/    /`=
'\
(\_;/)       PGP Key-ID: 0x3A4B7F5D (RSA)  0x7584F5D8 (DSA/EG)          (\_=
;/)