Platinum Black? (Was: Re: [rescue] SCRAPPLE)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 21:30:11 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Paul Sladen wrote:

> well... IE on this machines I'm using for console today just crashed,  and
> I'm still non-the-wiser;  but at a guess, I'd say `it goes *bang*'.

Per Bill I'll stop babbling here, but I will say that there are many
cheaper things that will go *bang*, the most frequent use for platinum
black (and other platinum/palladium/rhodium compounds) is in
electrochemical reduction.  Its role as a catalyst is what makes it ideal
for use in fuel cells.

-James