St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 16:56:49 CST 2001

> I'm seriously considering the two-piece, probably buy the pants first
> as I have a Heine Gericke Dakar jacket. The Dakar is great most of the
> time, excepting +85F and sub-32F rides. Also need a new pair of boots,
> I'm leaning toward the Sidi Strada or Aerostitch combat tourers. Anyone
> tried them? Also, anyone tried those Dainese spine protectors?

We have a Wilson's leather outlet across town - they carry all sorts of
stock overruns and seconds.  I bought a classic racing-style (not covered in
pockets and zippers) jacket there after I, erm, outgrew my original.  $150,
for top quality in size X-Large.  Not a bad deal.

My boots were bought from WalMart in CA.US.  $70 3 years ago and they're
still in great shape.  Plain leather, no strappy things like you usually see
on non-laced motorcycle boots.  GoreTex lining too - I love 'em!

Spine protectors don't really work too well in the seating position that a
cruiser puts you in (think La-Z-Boy) - so, no.  I've never tried one.

Kurt