[rescue] Ultra2 Creator woes

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 11:31:13 CST 2001

> Thats not a keyboard port.  Thats a port for stereo-vision goggles.  DO NOT
> plug a keyboard into it.
>
> THATS NOT A KEYBOARD PORT ON THE CREATOR.  I hope you havent fried your
> video card.
>
> Make sure you havent fried the video card by plugging a keyboard into it.

i get the feeling you are trying to tell me something here. :)

ok, so, i plugged the keyboard back into the system, and now it works fine.
confused?  me?  very.

but, nothing fried, and now i have a working ultra2 with creator 3d.  so that
kicks ass.  and now that we can see the startup banner, it's got 2G of ram,
not 512M like we thought.   KICK ASS.  now that's what i call a workstation. :)

so, my question is, if that port on the creator is not a keyboard port THEN
WHY THE HELL DID THEY USE THE KEYBOARD CONNECTOR PLUG???!!!???!!!

i'm guessing there is some smarts in that card that knows when some moron (like
me) plugs a keyboard into it to not fry itself.  or maybe i'm just lucky.  god
i can't wait till that thing is up and running, this laptop keyboard sucks ass.

-brian