[rescue] Ultra2 Creator woes

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 11:14:51 CST 2001

hey there everyone.  started this new job.  so far, going well.  excellent
place, i love it.  so i got this ultra2 on my desk (2x300Mhz, 512MB ram)
that i just dropped a creator3d framebuffer into (the kind with the keyboard
port on it)

now, i'm a sun guy, no doubt about that, but i don't ever deal with sun boxes
that have video hardware in it.  usually enterprise stuff with serial consoles
on them, so i'm not real knowledable about this video stuff.

if i plug the keyboard into the system keyboard port the creator never comes
online, but if i plug the keyboard into the creator, the creator comes online
long enough to tell me that the system can't find a keyboard and is going to
use ttya as console, and then shuts the creator off.

now, i'm sure if i dig around i could hobble together a serial cable to use
as serial console to install with, which should work i'm guessing, but i'm
wondering if there is a "correct" solution, or a way to get this thing
recognized as console.

thanks!!

-brian