[rescue] Xyplex question and something about iMacs...

William Enestvedt rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 07:59:09 CST 2001

> IIRC there was something a while back about moving an
> iMac from it's cute little case into a tower w/ a seperate monitor.
> Anyone know how to do this?

   Is that one of the Marathon products, or was this DIY?

> Our iMac 400DV's Monitor is going to crap. ...and I
> still haven't figured out why it started in the first place.

   Easy: over-crowded case full of hardware that tip-toes along the limits
of its tolerances. I've seen several iMacs have their analog video boards
[according to an Apple-certified repair tech, which I was not, due to the
cost] just fail, as well as the modems, and other parts. Have you opened up
one of those little guys? There's not much extra room in there!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator