[rescue] Xyplex question and something about iMacs...

simeonuj rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 00:10:06 CST 2001

Ok... first of all.  What exactly does the Xyplex Maxserver 1600 do?  I've
sold about 30 of these on ebay so far and I don't think I've ever advertised
them correctly now that I've read all those Xyplex threads.
At first I assumed it was a 16 port ethernet hub but couldn't find out for
sure.  I think I even advertised them as such but have never gotten any
complaints so either the people buying them knew what they were or I was
freakin lucky.

Secondly...  IIRC there was something a while back about moving an iMac from
it's cute little case into a tower w/ a seperate monitor.
Anyone know how to do this?  Our iMac 400DV's Monitor is going to crap.  Red
hue and lines every now and then.  It's going down pretty quickly now and I
still haven't figured out why it started in the first place.
So.  I want to move the whole damn thing into a different case and maybe get
a bigger monitor too.
Is this possible?

sim