Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 22:01:13 CST 2001

> So, if you cross a redneck and a geek, do you get a Nerdneck?

Nah, you get a geek that makes shelving units from Sparc1s and easy chairs
from IPCs.  You  may also find an old VAX or PDP up on blocks in the front
yard - waiting for a coat of primer.

These folks might also get into impassioned arguments over Sparc vs MIPS -
as an extension of Ford vs Chevy.  Most, will admit to making some sort of
simile between a 426 Hemi and some piece of computer technology, and that
"that were the best danged chip ever!  I wished I could get a holda one o'
dem, why I'd drop that thang in my peecee and run a SETI job in under 12!"

Kurt