St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

Michael A. Turner rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 17:07:39 CST 2001

	Messed me up also, I took a trip to NJ two weekends ago to pick up
some equipment. I was on the turnpike and needed gas. pulled into one of the
service areas after realizing they where like a super sized rest stop. (had
avoided them until then not realizing what they were about) started to pull
up to the pump to get some gas and saw that they were all full service.
being from Virginia, were you have to pay people extra to pump gas, I was
pissed. I said screw that I will find somewhere that is not full service so
I don't have to pay extra (note: in Virginia getting someone to pump your
gas for you generally adds $.60 to the price per gallon). ended up driving
all the way to the guys house I was visiting and he filled me in on the
deal. I can't see how the gas in NJ was only $.10 more per gallon over
Virginia (at the time) when everything is full service. Is pumping gas some
sort of community service or something in NJ?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org