[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 16:53:41 CST 2001

On November 13, James Lockwood wrote:
> They've been "pushing" it since '97, if you're referring to Plug Power.
> They were supposed to be selling full fledged consumer units in quantity
> over 2 years ago.  They're having a lot of trouble keeping the technology
> working in the real world, and investors are not happy.

  Well, the only way those kinks will get worked out is by exposure to
a larger installed base.  Perhaps the investors might realize they're
doing some good for society as a whole and back off on their
profit-mongering just a little bit this time.  But I know a LOT of
investors, and I know that's far too much to ask.

  Electrolux has a fuel-cell-powered vacuum cleaner in late development
stages now.  That should be fun.  Sargent-Welch sells a "fuel cell
experimenter's kit" that consists of a small fuel cell, lecture
bottles of fuel, and a little cd player with speakers, all built into
a suitcase.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire