[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 15:28:06 CST 2001

> I don't know about there, but here, when the power goes out, it has a
> tendency to stay out for a bit.  So, my systems on UPS just use it to
> shutdown ASAP.

I noticed that too, when I lived in PA. Most frustrating. I found that the
electric company wouldn't dispatch for an outage until the following
morning. I guess they felt our frustration wasn't as important as their
having to pay union overtime wages.

In FL, they weren't too bad. The only problem was that they built their
network poorly, so they had frequent outages. A friend of mine who works for
New England Power said that in the industry TECO and other Florida electric
companies were known collectively as Florida Flicker and Flash.