St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

Drew Whittle rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 15:16:07 CST 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 10:01, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 07:32:26AM +1300, Drew Whittle wrote:
> > Smokes are also up around $10 a pack...
>
> $10 a PACK?  I pay $26 a CARTON, and *that* is expensive...
>
> > 1 nz$ = approx .40 US$ cents
>
> Oh.  Thats around $4, then, not TOO much more than what we
> pay here.

The average US IT worked also gets paid more dollars than a kiwi one.
Before conversion, do the conversion to US$ and an average kiwi IT
worker probably makes US minimum wage :<

But there are benefits to this country! Don't ask me to list them now,
all this talk of T1's (a 512k is 3-4k (nz$) a _month_ here, and thats if
your luckly enough to live in an area that sells flatrate dedicated
connections), and nice SGI's is clouding my vision.

:D
--
Email virii are a good thing, they are natural selection for the
electronic world.