[rescue] OT: RS/6000s

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 11:50:14 CST 2001

> > 	I loaded my 250 via 512k block cdrom, no different than any sun box.
> >
> I have one with a framebuffer so I am gonna try via the screen.
>
> If I do get jammed up I will be in touch :)

There were several different resolution frame buffers.  IFF you are
lucky you will get one that is VGA compatible.  IF not, it requires
a later model higher resolution IBM thingy.  Some of the later model
PS/2 high resolution monitors work.  My 7011 had a normal vga output
but my 7012's all have strange output that I can't get anything to
match up with, except for the serial console.   The syncs are way off.
Maybe a multisync monitor might work.

The killer is finding a RS6K keyboard.  Any PS2 mouse will work, but
install will require a real RS6K keyboard on the older machines.
After installation, you can use a PS2 keyboard.  The real RS6K
keyboards have ctrl/action instead of ctrl on the right ctrl key.
They also have a built-in speaker underneath.

Bob