Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 10:15:58 CST 2001

Speaking of po' peoples meat, has anyone figured out whats in Hormel Potted
Meat Product? Has anyone ever eaten it? I've only seen it in the poor
backwater south, and it sells for like 25 cents for a 1/2 pound can. That
makes it 1/2 the cost of way cheap ground beef. The ingredients read like a
can of dog food, with lots of reference to "rendered this" and "byproducts
of that".

The stuff is so disgusting they couldn't even come up with a name for it.
What marketroid would call it "potted meat product".

btw, when I lived in dutchieland, scrapple was only sold in blocks hacked
off of the big chunk-o-scrapple in the refrigerator case and then covered in
saran wrap.