[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 15:00:37 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 02:55:40PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:38:30PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > > as you can probably tell, i'm not too happy at the moment.
> > No, I don't think I would be either.
>
> ITS A METAL PAN.  How the fuck was I supposed to know you're supposed to
> buff it with a diaper like a Mercedes?

Not to beat up on you, but my momma always said, life is like a box of
chocolates.  Oh, wrong advice from mom.

Seriously, I was taught that metal scrapers are to be used delicately on
all surfaces.  When I need to scrape a pan while cooking, I use a plastic
spatula, and when I need to scrape while cleaning I use a plastic ice
scraper (great for removing burnt stuff from pans).

Basically, anything scratches, and scratches are bad in cookware.

Still, I think that there must be someway to bring that pan back to
service.

--
Joshua D. Boyd