[rescue] Ultra 5 and ATI Rage Pro Turbo 3D Video Card

Ata Bilgili rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 14:32:38 CST 2001

Hi all;

I have an opportunity to get a free ATI Rage Pro Turbo 3D video card
that I would like to use with an older 270 MHz Sun Ultra 5. I know that
people were able to use ATI Expert at Work and ATI Rage Pro cards with
Ultra 5's but there is no info on the one with the Turbo extension. Does
anyone know if this is possible undeo Solaris 8? Any information is
appreciated. I am also interested in hearing about other cheap PCI based
cards with at least 4MB onboard graphics memory that people were able to
use on Sun's.

thank you,

Ata Bilgili                          Numerical Methods Laboratory
ata.bilgili at dartmouth.edu            Thayer School of of Engineering
Ph:(603)646-0263                     Dartmouth College.

8000 Cummings Hall
Hanover, NH 03755
U.S.A.