[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 14:28:32 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> How in the world did the Scrapple ruin a frying pan?  And what is wrong
> with the pan (ie, warped, anti-stick coating taken off, etc)?  Can we
> rescue it, or should we give up and move to geeks?

he tried to cook the scrapple on high heat. so naturally the scrapple
turns to charcoal and sticks to the bottom of the pan. the pan itself is
from all-clad's stainless line. i refuse to use nonstick cookware.
anyways, bill was also using a heavy, metal, non-rounded edge spatula. he
thought it would be best to scrape the bottom of the pan very heavily and
roughly with the edge of the spatula..its now gouged in about 9 or 10
places on the bottom of the pan. deep gouges.

can i rescue it? probably not. its most likely ruined unless i can get
all-clad to replace it (which i doubt).

as you can probably tell, i'm not too happy at the moment.

--a