St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 10:58:41 CST 2001

> > St. Pete is also not far from Carnivore Central--
> > Bern's Steak House...
>   Indeed, I will have to check that out.  Where is it?

Bern's is over in Tampa.  It's not cheap, but for the
quality of beef (extraordinary every time I've been)
it's reasonable.  Wine list that is at least 100 pages,
something like 60,000 bottles.  (Sometimes when they
have bottles that haven't sold and are just past their
peak, they'll put them our for by-the-glass.  Not many
places will sell 20-year old Bordeaux by-the-glass.)
And of course, the obligatory website:
  http://www.bernsteakhouse.com/bs_frame.htm

If I ever get down there, I'll buy you the dinner I still
owe you.

> > So Dave, what's the new job?  Obviously code development
> > related, but for who?
>
>   New job?  What new job?

Umm...er...uh...'spose I thought that between the move
to FL and the "dumping B-trees to tape" questions, you were
doing something different than what you'd been doing here
in MD.  Color me clueless--but (other than possibly a lower
cost of living and better scenery) what did occasion the
move to FL?  Hmm..."no income tax" is also a factor I
suppose...

  --Rip