Junkyard wars was [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 11 20:03:15 CST 2001

--part1_115.77fb1db.292087e3_boundary

In a message dated 11/11/01 4:46:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, kurt at k-huhn.com
writes:

> There have been 5 seasons of "Junkyard Wars"
> aired in the US.  Male hosts have been:
> Seasons 1-3: Robert LLewellyn
> Season 4: George Gray
> Season 5: Tyler Harcott (current season)
>
> I may be mistaken, but the UK "Scrapheap Challenge" may have been the first
> 3 seasons of the US "Junkyard Wars".  From there, I think they went
> seperate
> ways.  The latest season (5) is obviously filmed in the US - while seasons
> 1-3 were filmed in the UK.
>
> Personal preference, but the first three seasons were far more enjoyable.
> Something about them made them more fun to watch...

Agreed. They were making things out of junk in a real scrapyard. The first
three seasons were British then they established the Los Angeles branch.

Robert LLewellyn had other projects in England and refused to go to the US.

The US version is produced on a made for it set in a much smaller scrapyard.
Unfortunately here (US) they salt the junkyard with parts needed for the
project. This makes it more laid out and less exciting. You can see Hollywood
storyboarding at work.

I still watch it but it is less exciting.

Paxton
Astoria, Oregon

--part1_115.77fb1db.292087e3_boundary

<FONT  SIZE=3>In a message dated 11/11/01 4:46:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, kurt at k-huhn.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">There have been 5 seasons of "Junkyard Wars"<BR>
aired in the US.  Male hosts have been:<BR>
Seasons 1-3: Robert LLewellyn<BR>
Season 4: George Gray<BR>
Season 5: Tyler Harcott (current season)<BR>
<BR>
I may be mistaken, but the UK "Scrapheap Challenge" may have been the first<BR>
3 seasons of the US "Junkyard Wars".  From there, I think they went seperate<BR>
ways.  The latest season (5) is obviously filmed in the US - while seasons<BR>
1-3 were filmed in the UK.<BR>
<BR>
Personal preference, but the first three seasons were far more enjoyable.<BR>
Something about them made them more fun to watch...<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Agreed. They were making things out of junk in a real scrapyard. The first three seasons were British then they established the Los Angeles branch.<BR>
<BR>
Robert LLewellyn had other projects in England and refused to go to the US.<BR>
<BR>
The US version is produced on a made for it set in a much smaller scrapyard. Unfortunately here (US) they salt the junkyard with parts needed for the project. This makes it more laid out and less exciting. You can see Hollywood storyboarding at work.<BR>
<BR>
I still watch it but it is less exciting.<BR>
<BR>
Paxton<BR>
Astoria, Oregon</FONT></HTML>

--part1_115.77fb1db.292087e3_boundary--