[rescue] Network problems

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 11 19:53:32 CST 2001

I have noticed may of the SPARCs I have complain about the ethernet port
being down or disabled when they boot. The interfaces then work fine.
Dunno why.

I'd be looking at the rarpd process on the server first. Is tcpdump
looking at IP addresses, or at any mac address at all? Could be that
it's not getting an IP...

Can you figure out what IP address the SS is using? Can you ping it?
Maybe arp on the machine running tcpdump would show up something
interesting?