[rescue] Red Dwarf and Sunrays

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 11 19:33:51 CST 2001

> > Well, we have the Brit version of Robot Wars here -
> > The guy from Red Dwarf does the announcing - right?
>
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >
> > The guy from Red Dwarf is much more enjoyable.
>
> *SMEG* <wink>.  Guy in question is Craig Charles;  what is quite spooky --
> is that both him, and the aforemeantioned Robert Llewellyn (aka Kryten) have
> ended up presenting programmes about bashing-together large metal machines
> after having been on being on Red Dwarf for so many years!
>
> Glad this gets shipped across the water and you get to enjoy it too.

Yeah, we get the British version of robot wars in one of our public
channels here in Northern Cal. IMHO The British version blows the American
(i.e. Comedy Central's) version out of the water. More carnage, more
aggresive robots, less annoying hosts, etc. Then again I am more partial
torwards European engineering skills when it comes to moving mechanical
devices :-) J/K!

I am not a TV fan, and I have only watched a few episodes of both versions
(not all the way through though) and the Brit seemed less lame than the
American (at least I spent more time watching the British before changing
the channel). The reason I discovered the British version is because it
was programmed right before Blackadder (now that is some tv worth
watching :-)).

Also for the people who were discussing news anchors, I must say the
Russians have found the ideal news person! A friend of mine told me that
in Moscow they had a channel w. a stripping newscaster! She takes clothes
off at the same time she is reading the news, so by the end of the
broadcast she ends up wearing her b-day suit. Now if they did that here, I
might start watching the American "news" channels again :-). Even local
news (which are the booton of TV's trashcan)

.... shouldn't this be moved over geeks?

chhers!