[rescue] amanda

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 10 13:52:39 CST 2001

In Message: 5 on Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:36:33 -0500 did Brian Hechinger
<wonko at arkham.ws> declaim:

[snip]

>   Amanda is usually configured to use hostname-based security.  Being
> on the dynamic address will probably be an issue there.  Can you give
> it a static IP?

how about a tunnel?  or an SSH port redirector?  there is a non-static IP
solution to this problem (static, on a cablemodem?  dream on dave *G*)

Would telling Amanda your IP address-of-the-moment do?  That's available and
could be worked into some script or something....

Keeping in mind I don't know squat about Amanda, of course.

-Shel