[rescue] Odd DNS problem with Solaris 8

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 10 09:17:37 CST 2001

Just realized that the minor irritation I have when browsing on my SPARC
5 here is the same as you described, Mike.

This is on a home net with a local DNS box and a masquerading firewall.
Whenever I have investigated the problem, the local DNS box has no
difficulty locating the www server, but either the Sun can't ask nicely,
or the DNS box isn't answering. Maybe I'll sniff the wire and see if I
can identify (and appropriately punish) the offending machine.