[rescue] Windows XP to be released on the Sun Blade 100

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 9 15:01:17 CST 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:44:20PM -0600, Scott Newell wrote:
> >Yes, but reality and the ads are usually two different things.  OK, so the
> >XP add was trying to say that we don't need sex with people of the oposite
> >gender since we are routinely being raped anyway?
>
> Whadya mean "we"?

The ad seems to be saying that the boy doesn't need to remove the girls
personal effects, since he is already being screwed by MS.  At least, that
seems to be where Mike was heading.

For those who didn't see the ad:
---
Cute girl on bed in underwear.
Boy in front of her.
The two are groping and kissing.
The boy reaches behind her and tries to remove her bra.
A MS password box defeats him.
The girl smirks.
---

Now, there are several problems here.  The main one being that it appears
to equate MS XP with not getting sex.

The next problem is why is the girl there if she intends to stop there.
I'm all for no meaning no, and the right to say it at anytime, but I don't
approve of starting what you intend to finish, and password protecting
your bra certainly seems to be that.

Although, one person suggested that maybe it was a parent who password
protected it.  But she looks awefully old for that, and if they did
password protect it, why not use MS to prevent things from going even as
far as they did?

--
Joshua D. Boyd