[rescue] AIX 3 bits?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 17:19:42 CST 2001

> I have had problems on AIX 4.1.2 with their named returning
> host not found the first time you hit a domain, but subsequent
> queries returned the correct value.  That's not a netscape problem
> though.

Speaking of AIX, anyone have a spare AIX 3.x suite with bits AND
manuals that they don't need anymore.  I have an old 7011 machine
that just has a hard time on AIX 4, and I have heard the 3.x suites
are a little bit less hoggish on such a small machine.  All I need
are the bos, and maybe some networking and compiler bits, and I will
build up the rest.  Any pointeres thereto, or mebbie someone has one
gathering dust, somewhere after transitioning to 4.x, etc., are
appreciated.

Along the same lines, anyone got a spare RS6000 keyboard and 3 button
mouse, floating about in the bilges?  I could use them, if they are
still floating about.  The RS6000 keyboard will have a speaker underneath
and a CNTL/ACTION key rather than the no speaker and ALT key found on
peecee keyboards of the Big Blue type.

Thanks

Bob