[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 18:22:42 CST 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 06:55:58PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Yes, it's a little scary, but...check this out.  The Netra X1 is a
> 400MHz UltraSPARC-IIe in a 1U rackmount chassis with two 10/100
> reefernet interfaces, and it ships with 128MB of RAM and a 20GB
> [crappy IDE] disk...for $1000.00.  My application is almost entirely
> memory-based so the IDE doesn't bother me all that much, aside from
> the purism issue.
>   That's a LOT of bang for the buck.

And no PCI slots.. can you say "web farm machines" ?

I've got a SunBlade 100 (512meg/15G) with Expert3D-Lite card, and its
a GREAT little workstation - has completely replaced my Wintel PC at
work for everything but Word and Outlook.

Here at home, I've got a SunBlade 1000, and its one of the nicest (if
not THE nicest) Sun box I've ever used.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford