[rescue] SC2000 Facia

Al Potter rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 15:32:41 CST 2001

Greetings:

With the able assistance of Mike Nicewonger (thanks Mike), I completed the
rescue of a very clean and probably never used SparcCenter 2000 cabinet,
including the HONKIN power supply, blower and SS2000 cage.

Unfortunately, one of the removable plastic facia plates on the front of the
cabinet was missing, and I will be needing a replacement.  Near as I can
tell, this is Sun Part number 540-2116, vented panel assy.

Can anybody hook me up?

In the end, my purpose in rescuing this cabinet is to at least put it to
work racking up the other sun (and other) computing gear I have in the
house, so the looks are important.  Ultimately, if I get REALLY motivated, I
may have a whack at installing a keg kooler, or wet bar inside......

Mike:  I was right, she went through the roof.....

AL