[rescue] WTD: 72pin 16MB FPM Parity (x2)

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 12:24:02 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> All right, I need edu-ma-catin'...
>
> Any easy way with the naked eye to ID a 33-bit
> SIMM versus a 36-bit?  I have a pair that I believe
> to be 33-bit, but which are known to work in my
> Cycle 5...

Not that this is correct in all cases... but I've usually observed the
33-bit SIMMs (again, this is only going by some 80nS 33-bit 16MB SIMMs
I've seen out of an IPX), there are actually ~33-35 chips on it ... 17 on
one side, 18 on the other... so 2 for some extra parity or something
(please correct me as I'd love to have a better definition of 33-bit)

36-bit are typically your standard 9-chip on a side. (8 for memory, 1 for
parity).

-Matthew