[rescue] Ohhhhh what does this button do?

Michael A. Turner rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 10:48:18 CST 2001

	I have a peice of sun gear here that is making me scratch my head.
First let me describe it in the best detail I can. The top has 9 parallel
port style connectors (db25) first one is labeled Parallel then it has a
line down the box seperating it from the next one in row.  THat has the word
serial above it and the number 0 , their are 7 more after that labeled 1 -
7. It says at the bottom that it is a serial parallel controler. it is about
a foot long about half a foot wide and is about an inch tall. now the weird
part. The end of the device that the parallel port is on has a connector
that looks like a SCA drive connector. the three stickers  on the bottom say
"540200729073" "-01REV. B" "3993" . It is beige in color. When I acquired it
from a box of discarded cables several of the serial ports had silver
connectors attached to them but the wires had been pulled out of the back of
the plugs so no idea what type of cable went into these.

Now the questions:

	1. What is this?
	2. What is it good for?
	3. Does it have any use with an IPC , a sparc 4, a sparc 5, or an
ultra 1? which is the sum total of all my sun gear right now.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org